Smoke ventilation systems are life saving systems and it is therefore essential that regular preventative maintenance is carried out to the required standards by competent personnel.
Herewith a list of reasons for a correctly functioning and maintained smoke control system:
1. Keep escape and access routes free from smoke
2. Facilitate fire fighting operations by creating a smoke free layer
3. Delay and/or prevent flashover and the subsequent development of the fire
4. Protect the contents of the building
5. Reduce the thermal effects on the structural components during a fire
A regular, diligent inspection and maintenance program is needed to ensure the units perform as designed. It is up-to building owners and facilities managers to keep their smoke ventilation in working shape.
Give our maintenance department a call for an inspection of your smoke ventilation systems. Tel 011 826 5959